Marion Alksne – Executive Director email@example.com
Gary Steeves – President
Wendy MacDonald – Vice President
The PIHCS is a community non-profit society which owns and operates the Pender Islands Health Centre.
The Society provides a number of health and social services directly, and leases space and provides support to private health care practitioners and government agencies delivering services at the Health Centre. The affairs of the Society is governed by a Board of Directors (12 members) which meet monthly and supervise, control and direct activities and determine policies of the Society.
The Directors appoint a chief administrative officer for the operation of the Society who is known as the Executive Director. The Board of Directors meet on a monthly basis. An Annual General meeting is held in the month of September, where the nomination and election of Directors take place.
Our Mission Statement
- to promote the health and well being of the people of the Pender Islands community
- to support the people and community in defining and achieving their health goals
- to encourage broad based volunteer community participation in its programs and activities to develop programs and initiatives
- to make the most effective use of existing resources
- to provide a range of primary health care programs and resources
- to meet the needs of the community
- to facilitate the provision of health care services for the community by other (complementary and alternative) health care providers
- to encourage good health care communications through through the timely coordination of information and activities
- to provide and maintain facilities for use as a health care centre