As a member of the BC Rural Health Network, I/we support the following purpose and guiding principles of the Network,
To promote and support a health care system that improves and sustains the health and well being of residents of rural communities across British Columbia as part of a high functioning health care system.
- All British Columbians are entitled to efficiently provided, timely and effective healthcare services.
- While the rural communities of BC differ widely in terms of needs, desires, strengths, challenges and distinctive characters they share many concerns regarding obstacles to essential healthcare services.Residents in rural communities are recognized as authorities on what is best for their community. Grassroots healthcare advocacy organizations exist in rural communities because of the recognized need to improve services.
- Residents in rural communities are recognized as authorities on what is best for their community. Grassroots healthcare advocacy organizations exist in rural communities because of the recognized need to improve services.
- Improvement to services will result from collaborative, cooperative relationships developed between community organizations, health authorities, local elected officials, local health workers, and provincial policy makers.
- Together we present a strong and unified voice for change.All British Columbians are entitled to efficiently provided, timely and effective healthcare services.
– Any person, organization or association that support the purpose, principles, and objectives
of the BCRHN is eligible to become a Regular Member.
– Regular Members are entitled to make motions, vote and/or hold office as Directors, receive
minutes of all meetings, and receive written financial statements.
– Provincial organizations, associations or individuals that support the purpose, principles and
objectives of the BCRHN are eligible to become Associate Members.
– Associate Members are not entitled to make motions, vote or hold office as Directors.
– Associate Members are entitled to receive minutes of all meetings and written financial
statements as presented at the AGM
– Provincial organizations that wish to participate as an observer and provide support to the
BCRHN are eligible to become Affiliate Members.
– Affiliates may be included in meetings and activities at the discretion of the Board.
– Affiliates are not entitled to make motions, vote or hold office as Directors.
Membership fees are due upon receipt of the membership form. The membership renewal date is January 1. The inability to pay a membership fee will never exclude anyone from becoming a member of the BCRHN.
Affiliate Member $20.00
Please mail cheques (made payable to RHC Rural Health Collaborative Society) and completed membership form to:
Nienke Klaver, Executive Assistant BCRHN
BCRHN MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION FORM
Date of application (year/month/date) ______________________________
MEMBERSHIP CATEGORY (check one)
Regular Member _____
Associate Member _____
Affiliate Member _____
Name of Organization or Individual ___________________________________________________
Contact information: email __________________________________________________________
Mailing Address ___________________________________________________________________
Names and titles of lead members in the organization ___________________________________
Number of members in your organization ____________
Names of communities represented by your organization ________________________________
Names and contact information of your local newspaper(s) ______________________________
Membership fee enclosed $ _____________
Please consider making an additional donation in support of the BCRHN $ ____________
Are you willing to volunteer? Please express your interest by checking one or more of the following areas of expertise or interest: