Do you work or volunteer with an organization that represents, serves, or advocates for older adults? a39100
Are you planning next year’s programming?
While we still don’t know when we’ll be able to hold in-person events again, consider an online presentation on medication safety as part of your offerings for 2020-2021!
More than ever, medication safety is a priority. Unfortunately, harmful medication side effects such as falls, fractures and hospitalizations do not stop happening during pandemics. Nor does the need to educate the public about this issue.
Key presentation details
Title: Do I still need this medication? How to make sure your medications are helping not harming
• Explain why aging makes us more sensitive to the effects of medications;
• Identify situations in which the risks of harmful effects of medications outweigh the potential benefits; and
• Describe the steps patients, caregivers and healthcare professionals can take together to prevent harmful medication effects.
The webinar is free
• Average length: 1 hour (40-45 minutes + 15-20 minutes for questions) – can be adapted based on your needs.
• Can be offered via several different webinar platforms (eg. Zoom, Webex, etc.) – our team also has a Zoom account which we can use if needed.
Website | Site web:deprescribingnetwork.ca | reseaudeprescription.ca
Free online presentation on medication safety for older adults and their caregivers