Canadian Virtual Hospice is proud to announce our new Two-Spirit and LGBTQ+ resources, Proud, Prepared, and Protected has officially launched.
What Is Palliative Care?
- What is palliative care?
- When is palliative care provided?
- Who provides palliative care?
- Where is palliative care provided?
- How do I find palliative care services in Canada?
Proud, Prepared, and Protected is a collection of online resources to assist people who identify as 2SLGBTQ+ to access and receive inclusive, respectful care. Created in partnership with Health Canada, these resources represent a collaboration with over 60 2SLGBTQ+ and ally agencies from across Canada and 100+ people who identify as 2SLGBTQ+ with lived experience. The series includes a dedicated webpage with various articles, over 150 videos, webinars, and innovative tools:
- 2SLBGTQ+ Canadian Healthcare Bill of Rights for Advanced Illness, Frailty, and End of Life – a first of its kind in Canada! Created to help people understand and advocate for respectful and discrimination-free healthcare. Also available as an infographic and as a wallet card.
- My Choices for Safe and Inclusive Healthcare– a place to record important personal information related to health and preferences for care.
- Planning for My Care – a step-by-step guide for considering what is important for future care and having conversations with family, friends, and healthcare providers.