Canadian Doctors for Medicare is proud to advocate for universal public pharmacare, which the evidence has shown to be the most efficient and equitable means of ensuring that patients and families can access the medications they need. We are proud to stand with the majority who recognize that the time has come for fair and affordable drug coverage for all people in Canada.
Take a moment to sign up for updates and add your name to our growing community. We will keep you up to date on the latest developements in the House of Commons, and we will let you know how you can take action to complete the unfinished business of Medicare. Your information will not be traded or sold.
Pharmacare Press Releases
- Canadians Need Pharmacare Now
February 24, 2020
- Canadians deserve real action on national pharmacare
December 5, 2019
- CDM congratulates Health Minister Patty Hajdu
November 20, 2019
- CDM congratulates the Liberal Party on its election victory
October 22, 2019
CDM and Pharmacare in the News
- National pharmacare—the time is now
Maclean’s (November 27, 2019)
Written by CDM Chair Dr. Danyaal Raza and the Hon. Dr. Jane Philpott
- On World Diabetes Day, let’s commit to fair and affordable drug coverage
North99 (November 14, 2019)
Written by CDM Board Member Dr. Thara Kumar
- What a Liberal minority government will mean for the health of Canadians
The Conversation (October 22, 2019)
Written by CDM Board Member Dr. Joel Lexchin
Visit our “CDM in the News” section for more media highlights on pharmacare and other priorities.
Canadian Doctors for Medicare
Welcome to the new CDM website! We are a nationwide, evidence-based nonpartisan member organization dedicated to strengthening and preserving Canada’s publicly-funded health care system.
A high-quality, equitable, sustainable health system built on the best available evidence is the highest expression of Canadians caring for one another.
To provide a voice for Canadian doctors who want to strengthen and improve Canada’s universal publicly-funded health care system. We advocate for innovations in treatment and prevention services that are evidence-based and improve access, quality, equity and sustainability.
- To continuously improve publicly-funded health care in Canada
- To assist in the education of doctors, policy makers, other health practitioners and the general public on the value, efficiency, quality and equity of publicly-funded health care and the reality of alternative systems
- To effectively collaborate with other organizations that share similar objectives