A two day conference, organized by the Rural Health Services Research Network http://www.rhsrnbc.ca
A sampling of the symposiums, panels and workshops:
– Responding to Adult Vulnerability in Rural Communities
– Poverty Reduction and the “Living Wage”.
– Exploring Rural Health Systems
– Exploring Issues of Equity in Rural Health Services
– Emerging models of care
– Breaking new ground for Telehealth Programming
– Patient Engagement in Research
– The Rural Catchment Project: Strengthening local evidence through a catchment methodology
Keynote speaker Dr. Lesley Barclay, from the National Rural Health Alliance in Australia (https://www.ruralhealth.org.au) gave a presentation on ’Insights on Establishing Alliances and Partnering for Healthy Rural Communities. Dr. Barclay was able to attend our BCRHN meeting to give us valuable information re rural networks.
Members of the BC Rural Health Network met for the first time at the Rural Health Services Research Conference in Nelson.
May 31 – June 1, 2018